Anyway... I found the main animal print drill fabric from Spotlight and fell in love with it, I was going to make cushions with it for my babies room but decided I'd like to try my hand at quilting instead. The animals on the corners are hand embroidered (I found out how to do french knots and they are my favourite!), the letters have been cut out of felt, and ironed on with adhesive backing then stitched onto the white drill. I'm not super happy with the trim.. originally I'd hoped to use the base grey fabric and turn it over to bind the edges, but after sewing it all together there wasn't enough to do that. In my eager beaver way, instead of waiting to go and buy more fabric, I made do with the same fabric as the centre. So I think it looks quite busy.
Anyway, quilt number 1 is made, yay. Number 2 is already on the horizon...
|Delicious drill fabric from Spotlight.. I got the last of the roll!|
|Fabric for the main part all cut (precisely!)|
|Letters cut from felt and ironed onto fabric with isofix|
|Top part all done, dacron + backing added, now ready to sew|
|Embroidered animals, the fun part|
|Quilting around the animals|
|Ollie's first quilt|
|O is for Owl|
|The finished product!|
|Little man enjoying his new play mat|