Sunday 9 June 2013

Something old into something 'new'

Well it's been well over a year since my last blog! I have been doing creative things, but with working part-time + looking after a now 18month old, there isn't a lot of time to sit and write for a blog!

Here is a little something that I did a few months ago..
We are renovating our kitchen/dining area. We have knocked out a wall to open up the space, so I thought I may as well revamp the table and chairs while we were in the throws of making mess!. We are yet to get the floors redone, just waiting to knock out another small section of wall, so will post on this once the floor is completed.






















THEN: (These are pics just after I had sanded it all down unfortunately)
My husband has had the table & chairs for years. Originally they were varnished wood with green and red tartan fabric on the cushions. Eww. So after we married, we recovered the chairs in an old duck egg blue woollen blanket fabric. Still with the wooden varnish + lots of hot pot/drink stains.. this lasted us a few years & kinda looked ok.















NOW:
Freshened up with a lick of white semi-gloss enamel paint for the table top + chairs, and a Karen Walker Duck Eggs Blue semi-gloss enamel for the table legs (I saw this on a design blog and loved the look). The cushion covers are old curtains I found from a Christchurch vintage store for $60. I had planned on using them for our babies room, but we had a boy.. so instead I've cut them up and thought I might as well make the most of the fabric. Much better I think :)

2 comments:

banban said...

I love the new look! Please blog again soon, don't think I can wait another year for the next one ;)

middle-name-jane said...

Haha, yes will do. And I'll check yours so you have to do the same x